19 April 2011

My 1000th CFAA Post

Blogger: Dashboard tells me that this is my 1000th post for this blog, which is some sort of milestone. It's taken me almost five years to reach this number, so it's a safe bet that I won't be seeing 10.000 posts. A year ago today, in a post titled Apples to Apples, I did a comparison of my five distinct chess resources, along with a follow-up in Adsense and Sensibility. The results are in the following graphic, with an explanation in that Apples post.


It's a good time to make another comparison, especially since I haven't added anything to the About.com material since September 2010: About Face to Fischer (and Larsen). Here are similar numbers for the six most recent full months, again using the most popular resource as a baseline for the others.


The resource m-w.com/chess (my World Chess Championship site) itself showed a 10% increase in page views over the previous period, indicating that all resources are trending up.

***

In reality, the post that you are currently reading is only number 999. My 'oldest' post was a test of the earliest acceptable blog date, which is 1/1/2000. Just now I tried changing the date on that post and discovered that 'The post date must be between Jan. 1, 1970 and Dec. 31, 9999'. When I set it to 'Jan. 1, 1970', the year didn't appear in the Blog Archive, so I restored the date to 'Jan. 1, 2000', where the year does appear in the archive. My next post will be the real number 1000.

No comments: